More KStdAccel: deleting (Re: Fwd: kstdaccel patch)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 21 22:33:52 GMT 2004

On Sunday 21 March 2004 17:59, Felix Berger wrote:
> On Sunday 21 March 2004 17:22, David Faure wrote:
> > Ah, your point is that a user could configure a different shortcut for
> > those? Then konq should have its own action, and stop using
> > KStdAccel::home(), IMHO.
>
> Maybe that would be best to avoid conflicts between konqueror's home accel and
> that of its html view:
>
> If you enable konqueror's home shortcut in the shortcut settings and press
> Ctrl+End the html view is scrolled to its end, if you press Ctrl+Home, it's
> not scrolled as you would expect, but konqueror loads its home url.

Yes. But this requires coming up with a new shortcut for $HOME... which would
also make some people unhappy I guess (those used to Ctrl+Home == $HOME
and not using that shortcut in khtml). A difficult decision as always.

While we're talking about KStdAccel: would anyone object to me adding, hmm,
SafeDelete and RealDelete to it, to fix #76344?

* SafeDelete would mean "delete the selected objects, and this can be undone";
  default shortcut Del; would be used by Konq & KDesktop for moving files to the Trash.
* RealDelete (any better name?) would mean "delete the selected objects for good,
  can't be undone". Default shortcut Shift+Del. Would be used by Konq&KDesktop too.

I guess that at least KMail could use those too.
The point in having them in KStdAccel is to be able to change the shortcut
for deletion and have the new shortcut work in both konq and kdesktop, whereas
right now only konq's shortcut can be configured (see bug:76344).