Refactoring KCM technology

Olivier Goffart ogoffart at tiscalinet.be
Sat Mar 20 12:12:33 GMT 2004

Le Samedi 20 Mars 2004 10:46, Cornelius Schumacher a écrit :
> On Friday 19 March 2004 13:06, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> > On Fri March 19 2004 12:45, Frans Englich wrote:
> > > This does not come without complications however. kdesu is also
> > > needed in the setup described above which in turn suggests kdesu
> > > also is moved to kdelibs. I think moving kdesu also make sense with
> > > the same motivation as above - it is reasonable to assume 3rd party
> > > KDE applications need (kde)su capability, without having to install
> > > kdebase.
> >
> > As well as khelpcenter and drkonqi
>
> Just for the record: I'm against moving applications to kdelibs and as
> maintainer of khelpcenter I would reject a request to move it.

Why?

If every KDE application needs both kdelibs and kdebase to run properly,  why
are theses two packages splitted?

kdelibs alone should be enough to run mosts of kde application by an user
which does not use the kde desktop.

Now, you can say that an application can "run" without khelpcenter. that's
another question to know if users runnig kde application outside kde needs
help :-)