Kapp and Qt designer issue

ian reinhart geiser geiseri at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 16:16:29 GMT 2004

Lubos Lunak said:
> On Thursday 18 of March 2004 15:23, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
>> useless
>> NOT

>> the
>> >
>> > kapplication.cpp:136: KApplication* KApplication::KApp = 0L;
>>
>> Is this going to happen even if it is called from designer?
>
>  That's no real initialization. The pointer is NULL already in the binary
> (or
> it should be cleared after loading into memory, I'm not sure if it's in
> .data
> or .bss - but that doesn't matter).
>
>> From what I can see no.
>
>  The attached testcase disagrees. You have a problem somewhere. Maybe
> valgrind's VALGRIND_MAKE_READABLE could help (if it makes things
> read-only, I
> don't know).
Hrm, so your Qt designer wont crash when you open a ui file with a
KLineEdit in it?  Somehow now all UI files that contain KDE widgets crash.
Im on my ppc now, so Ill have to try with valgrind later this evening.
Ideally we can get to the bottom of this soon, since no-one can edit ui
files at this point.

Cheers
-ian reinhart geiser

!DSPAM:4059cd19204563135918468!