Kapp and Qt designer issue

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Thu Mar 18 15:22:34 GMT 2004

On Thursday 18 of March 2004 15:23, Ian Reinhart Geiser wrote:
> On Thursday 18 March 2004 09:17 am, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> > > This happens because Qt designer dosent use Kapp, it uses QApp and the
> > > kapp ptr is never initialized.
> >
> > kapplication.cpp:136: KApplication* KApplication::KApp = 0L;
>
> Is this going to happen even if it is called from designer?

 That's no real initialization. The pointer is NULL already in the binary (or
it should be cleared after loading into memory, I'm not sure if it's in .data
or .bss - but that doesn't matter).

> From what I can see no.

 The attached testcase disagrees. You have a problem somewhere. Maybe
valgrind's VALGRIND_MAKE_READABLE could help (if it makes things read-only, I
don't know).

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer