KDE 4 modules structure (again)

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Sun Mar 14 18:00:43 GMT 2004

On Sunday 14 March 2004 18:36, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> On Sunday 14 March 2004 18:28, Maks Orlovich wrote:
>
> > > 2 The advantages of split distribution packages is an orthogonal
> > >   discussion, as packages are split by the packagers at the moment.
> >
> > No, it's not, since split source modules make large modules more work,
> > not less work. And as for they are split already --- well, not by
> > everyone, and to very different extents.
>
> The Suse, RedHat, Slackware packages are the packaged per-module.
> The Debian and Conectiva packages are packaged per-app.

FreeBSD also packages per-module, except for kdeaddons which is packaged
per-app since 3.2.1 (it was requested by users who weren't happy about the
dependency on kdegames & kdemultimedia of the previously monolithic
kdeaddons). Perhaps you remember my mail about it - when it became clear
kdeaddons was here to stay we gave in and split it. :-)

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org