KIconDialog & KIconButton

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Mar 9 22:51:28 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 09 March 2004 23:43, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> On Sunday 07 March 2004 07:48, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > On Saturday 06 March 2004 23:30, Nadeem Hasan wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Why are the above classes located in kio/kfile? If there is no good
> > > reason for that, can they be moved to kdeui?
> >
> > KIconDialog uses KFileDialog which uses KIO. KIconButton uses
> > KIconDialog and finally kdeui is built before KIO.
> >
> Wouldnt that be what we use kutils for now? kdecore/kdeui stuff that cant be
> in kdecore/kdeui?

So you want to move it _up_ in the hierarchy? What for?

No, kutils is for stuff that uses kio/kparts (for ktrader etc.) but that doesn't belong to kio or kparts.

kfile (part of kio) only depends on kdecore/kdeui (and the rest of kio of course).
kutils depends on almost all of kdelibs. I see no point in moving KIconButton to kutils.