Qt event loop problem

David Faure faure at kde.org
Sun Mar 7 21:55:08 GMT 2004

On Thursday 19 February 2004 17:24, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> Konqueror has an interesting crash when it shows a messagebox during startup
> (due to a KPart that fails to load). When the messagebox disappears, Qt sends
> QApplication::aboutToQuit which confuses the hell out of everything since we
> still haven't even properly started.
>
> Does anyone has an idea what to do with this?

I thought we had a fix/workaround for something like this in KMail's main(),
when it showed a dialog before creating/showing the mainwindow, and closing
the dialog was leading Qt to emit aboutToQuit. This is all only memory though,
(and we all know how bad mine is) - I couldn't find this anymore in the CVS logs.

Hmm, why do we care about aboutToQuit() in the first place, when we have our
own ref/deref/quit mechanism anyway?