open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Dirk Schönberger dirk.schoenberger at sz-online.de
Sat Mar 6 10:35:06 GMT 2004

> > That an eight-year old can _use_ them means that people who assert that
> > they are confusing and unasable are _wrong_.

> But some people *do* find them confusing, that's the problem. And it
doesn't
> mean these options are necessary either.

> So if an option is found confusing by some people, and people can work
without
> it, just get rid of it. That a kid likes it and doesn't find it confusing
> doesn't make much of a difference overall.

Maybe I see something wrong in the whole discussion, but I think a big part
of the problem
with the configurability is that the GUI for the configuration is considered
at compile time, i.e
it cannot be changed per user, at run time.
So I am stuck with what that application maintainer thinks is a good dialog.

Please give me the ability to create my own dialogs for the configuration
GUI. Just give me information abouth
the possible options, and let me decide which to show in a application
specific GUI and which I rarely enough
need to be only shown in kconfedit.

Regards
Dirk