open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Sat Mar 6 03:03:01 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 21:54, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> [After a certain amount of digression: Zack, are the <label> tags in
> the .kcfg the description that gets displayed in kconfigeditor?]
> [More digression: I've just added this configuration option to my
> main config dialog, because there are people who need it and I'd
> prefer not to hand them vi.]

Technically both. Labels should be displayed in the property editor
which is really kinda crap right now. While the "whatsthis" entries are
displayed in the "Description" section (if whatsthis is empty, then
label is tried).

In general just follow the normal schematics of kcfg files: put short
thingies under <label>, while the longer and more careful docs should
go under whatsthis :)

Zack

--
Earth is full. Go home.