open tasks, jobs, unmaintained stuff, etc.

Andras Mantia amantia at freemail.hu
Fri Mar 5 22:16:42 GMT 2004

On Friday 05 March 2004 23:10, Zack Rusin wrote:
> It's not like anyone would be going around and removing options behind
> your back. You make it sound like there's a conspiracy around a corner
> and me and my four hoursmen of apocalypse are gonna go around cvs and
> force my will on everyone. That's simply not true : you as the
> maintainer will always decide where to draw the line.

I think you misunderstood me. I was not talking about my applications, but
about the whole KDE.

> If you want to
> have dialog with 5000 options, that's your choice and you're free to go
> that route. And it's not like having kcfg files would force you to be
> removing options from your application. These two aren't mutually
> exclusive but completment each other.

Sure. I just fear that KDE my remove too much in general. Some will get too
enthusiastic and start to remove options from their own application, thinking
that it's a good thing to do now, because we can edit them in another
application. I'm not paranoid and I hope that the end results will be really
good and nobody will lose his/her mind.

Andras