minimumWidth() for TreeView in KJanusWidget

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Mon Mar 1 20:42:02 GMT 2004

On Mon, Mar 01, 2004 at 02:50:38PM -0500, Ravi wrote:
Hi Ravi,

> > > Ok for commit?
> I'd very much want this in a function similar to
> QTextEdit::ensureContentsVisible rather than in InsertTreeListItem.
> Automatically changing the size would make the pages re-layout which is not
> desirable in case it takes a long time. In effect, I am objecting to the
> patch.
Well, I already thought about such a solution, but that would require to
reflect this method in every container widget which uses KJanusWidget,
for example KDialogBase, and that's bad.

Concerning the performance: the patch adds just some pointer
dereferences and additions in a while loop.
Since KJanusWidget is mainly used for configuration dialogs and the tree
will be < 5x nested this shouldn't really be a performance problem at
all.

> > Is no answer a yes or a no? :)
> It was the weekend, dude; give us a break ;-)
Weekend, really? Hmm, I knew I missed something...

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Separate politics from religion and economy!