New KIO Slave: diff

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Wed Jun 30 13:44:51 BST 2004

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 10:56:56AM -0700, Shaun Jackman wrote:
> I've written a KIO slave in the spirit of the other archive
> slaves to view diff (patch) files. It shows which files are
> patched in a directory view, and can extract specific patches
> from the patch archive.
>
> This is an early release. It is read-only. It does not support
> directories; it displays all patches in the root of the diff.
> It currently only supports context diffs. Finally, it does not
> support .diff.gz files. This final item would be very useful.
>
> If this interests anyone else, I'd very much be interested in a
> collaborator.

Sounds interesting. Perhaps you should contact Otto Bruggeman
(otto.bruggeman at home.nl) , author of kdiff.

Support for arch's changesets would probably also be nice, but I'd have to
experiment with both kdiff and kio_diff to make sure there is actually a use
for that feature.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun