introducing the 3.3 system sounds migration plan, new sound effects and more
theman at artemio.net
Wed Jun 23 19:15:14 BST 2004
Based on the EastWest and partially Klassik themes of my KDEvibes, and based
on various samples our of my very own library, I am creating the all-new set
of system sounds for kde 3.3.
The sounds and the 3.2->3.3 migration map are available at
= Highlights =
- All sounds are in ogg vorbis format, 128 kbps. Current total size is 1.4
Mb, the final size will be around 1.6 which is ~40% of the old sounds size
- There are ~10 extra sound effects like typewriter sounds, keyboard, clicks
etc. that can be used in various kde apps. More fx will be added soon (glass
break, gun shot etc.)
- Once again, 100% of the jingles and sound effects are my original work, so
you don't have to worry about any copyright infringements.
= Current status =
- 41 sounds are already created: 22 of them substitute the old sounds,
the rest is new sounds
- 20 more sounds need to be created to completely substitute the old sounds
Good luck to you all and happy development!
ArtemioLabs: innovative audio laboratories -> http://artemiolabs.com/
[local time 20:58:58 (GMT +3) 23 June 2004] [system uptime 4 hr 07 min]
More information about the kde-core-devel