KIO errors (CVS HEAD)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 11:50:30 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 12:24, Andras Mantia wrote:
> On Tuesday 15 June 2004 13:16, David Faure wrote:
> > On Monday 14 June 2004 17:19, Andras Mantia wrote:
> > >  KIO::NetAccess::file_copy(absUrl, tmpURL, -1, true, true, this);
> >
> > Why do you set resume to true??> This is wrong, if you don't want to
> > resume over an existing file. (Actually the whole application-side
> > resuming isn't very well thought out, I suppose). Please use "false"
> > there. Then it works.
>
> Sorry, the code I copied was after I was experimenting with the flags.
> Originally I had resume = false. So the bug is visible with resume =
> false as well.

Even with  job.cpp  rev 1.391 ? I fixed the bug where the resume/overwrite
dialog would appear.

The test works fine for me now. It uses kio_ftp's new ability to copy directly
from ftp to file without using kio_file.

kio_ftp: [Ftp::StatusCode Ftp::ftpCopyGet(int&, int&, QString, const KURL&, int, bool)] ftp://dfaure@localhost/tmp/xsession-errors -> /tmp/netaccesstest_README
kio_ftp: [Ftp::StatusCode Ftp::ftpCopyGet(int&, int&, QString, const KURL&, int, bool)] bPartExists=false
kio_ftp: [Ftp::StatusCode Ftp::ftpCopyGet(int&, int&, QString, const KURL&, int, bool)]  removing dest:/tmp/netaccesstest_README
kio_ftp: [Ftp::StatusCode Ftp::ftpCopyGet(int&, int&, QString, const KURL&, int, bool)] creating empty dest (.part file) : /tmp/netaccesstest_README.part
kio_ftp: [Ftp::StatusCode Ftp::ftpCopyGet(int&, int&, QString, const KURL&, int, bool)]  calling ftpGet

[I also tried after disabling that feature (commenting out "copyToFile=true" in ftp.protocol),
to get the normal kio_ftp get+kio_file put case, and it works too.]

If you still experience problems, please update test program to show exact NetAccess
call being made.