Process your .ui files before committing them: fixuifiles

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Jun 15 09:28:48 BST 2004

On Monday 14 June 2004 23:52, Dominique Devriese wrote:
> I see.  Do you think it might be possible to add a read-only problem
> detection mode to the script, whose output could be shown in the
> commit log e.g..

That's one way of doing it, indeed. I'm not aware of a way to change the file being
committed on the fly, so you're right, it would be a readonly "hint" only.
Interestingly, the check for validness of xmlgui files isn't at commit time
but at compile time. But maybe this is only because xmllint isn't available
on the server? (or would take too much time?)

> About the qt version per module thing: perhaps there
> could be an option to disable the ui version check for this situation,
> so that the script would only handle/detect the two other problems ?

Well the bigger issue is that it means duplicating the script - CVS will need
it in CVSROOT to be able to check it out on the server side and use it from
loginfo.pl. We have the same issue with the license checking, where the loginfo
checks duplicate kdesdk/scripts/licensecheck's role, but differently.