Process your .ui files before committing them: fixuifiles

Dominique Devriese devriese at kde.org
Mon Jun 14 22:52:38 BST 2004

David Faure writes:

>> > All of this can now be automatically fixed: just run the script
>> > fixuifiles (after installing it from kdesdk/scripts) every time
>> > you are about to commit .ui files.
>>
>> I heard someone voice the idea to run this as a sort of commit
>> hook.  Any update on that ?

> I'm not sure this would be a good idea - there's always the border
> case of using a caption equal to the classname, but still correct
> (e.g. Settings).  The script knows a few words (like Settings), but
> when seeing a new word, will remove it (although with a
> warning). This might require manual intervention so it's not suited
> for automation.

> What's more, I'm working on support for different per-module
> qt-version requirement, which requires a checkout - can't be done at
> commit time.

I see.  Do you think it might be possible to add a read-only problem
detection mode to the script, whose output could be shown in the
commit log e.g..  About the qt version per module thing: perhaps there
could be an option to disable the ui version check for this situation,
so that the script would only handle/detect the two other problems ?

>> cheers domi ( who's pretty sure he'll often forget running the
>> script )

> The script is easy to use recursively, so I suspect that Albert
> Astals Cid, Stephan Binner and myself will run it now and then.

thanks
domi