KIO errors (CVS HEAD)

Andras Mantia amantia at kde.org
Mon Jun 14 23:01:49 BST 2004

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 00:24, David Faure wrote:
> NetAccess::download doesn't use KIO at all for local files :)
> file_copy does (but using a "direct copy" method, so it's a bit
> different).
Well, that's only good news. ;-)

> FTP only? Maybe it's actually related to the direct copy thing....
> but well, I'd see it too then. Please try the attached.

That works well. I've tried your version and later modified it to use my
local ftp server, so I don't need to stay online while the test is
running. All went OK. I was amazed, so I did another experiment:

 KURL srcURL( "ftp://andris:XXXXX@localhost/home/andris/xs" );

xs is the copy (not link) of .xession-errors and it is 3925463 bytes
long. The result:

andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests> ./netaccesstest
andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests> ./netaccesstest
andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests> ./netaccesstest
andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests> ./netaccesstest
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests>

So from 4 run I hit the error once, but than it appeared 5 times.

Or the following is even more interesting (read random):
> [...]
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
Quanta: Cannot open: /tmp/netaccesstest_README. The error was: No such
file or directory
andris at stein:~/development/build/kde-head/kdelibs/kio/tests>

> > > About the dialog: that's impossible.
>
> I was wrong. FileCopyJob shows the dialog if the a .part file exists
> and resuming is supported. Hmm. Maybe the .part -> final file

I can't say. I put a return after the debug, so it stops when the error
is hit and an f.remove() after the f.close(), so the file is deleted
with there was no error. The netaccesstest_README exists and it has the
correct size after the error happens.

Andras