KDEvibes in KDE 3.3

Rob Kaper cap at capsi.com
Mon Jun 14 20:10:19 BST 2004

On Mon, Jun 14, 2004 at 03:31:16PM +0200, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> kde-look.org is there for those that can't live without the old, but it should
> be no official KDE package. Noone but microsoft ships things like "we've done
> something new, but we know it's crap, so here is the old one".

That would mean all third party applications using existing sounds are going
to have broken notifications with KDE 3.3. Such a breakage would be
acceptable for 4.x, but for 3.3 we should then at least include a fallback
where a basename.ogg lookup is done when an application wants basename.wav
which isn't there.

Rob
--
Rob Kaper     | "Whoever wants to know the heart and mind of America had
cap at capsi.com | better learn baseball" -- Jacques Barzun