createStandardKWindow()

Simon Hausmann hausmann at kde.org
Tue Jun 8 15:35:59 BST 2004

On Monday 07 June 2004 19:35, David Faure wrote:

> > > Well if you have something that is "enable" you might think you can
> > > disable it.  I removing the K and changed it to createStandardWindow()
> > > sense it can create actions and it could create the GUI  if Create is
> > > passed.
> >
> > <strong>but it does not create a _window_!!!</strong>
> > i suggest setupFeatures() or addFeatures() or something like that.
>
> setup() or setupGUI() (close to createGUI since it replaces it) sound good
> to me.

IMHO the new method should be an overload of createGUI, combined with the
removal of the 'Create' option.

I believe the new function adds too little functionality to justify a new name
in the public API, especially when setupGUI sounds so similar to createGUI,
and also given that in the common case in KDE it'll always end up in creating
the GUI.

I can already forsee the questions in #kde-devel: "I see setupGUI and
createGUI in kmainwindow, what's the difference? Which one should I call?" .

Simon