Removing warning from KDE-ICE

Zack Rusin zack at kde.org
Wed Jun 2 22:04:57 BST 2004

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 16:56, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 03:11:42PM -0400, Zack Rusin wrote:
> > -	    _protocol = "local";
> > +	    _protocol = (char*)"local";
>
> errm, how about making _protocol (and all the other variables &
> parameters) const char * instead? otherwise you can just as well add
> -Wno-write-strings to the gcc command line ...

Because ICE modifies those strings through indirection and copying all
the freaking time. Changing that would pretty much require rewritting
bigger portions of it. And unless you can find me someone
stup^H^H^Hmart enough to actually rewrite it and start maintaining it
then we can either be casting or getting about half a billion warnings
(give or take about 999.999940 million )

Zack

--
43rd Law of Computing: Anything that can go wr
fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped