BR 79814: KIO bug

Dawit A. adawit at kde.org
Sat Jul 31 18:41:20 BST 2004

Waldo,

Can please take a look at BR 79813 when you get a chance ? This is a problem
with a POST request that returns data to be saved into a file. If you pick an
existing file to save the data into, the file io-slave correctly correctly an
error (ERR_FILE_ALREADY_EXIST). However, this seems to cause the other end
(http io-slave) to be disconnected and returned to the scheduler there by
getting rid of our data. I think we need to do something to prevent this in
TransferJob::slotFinished. Otherwise, we end up doing a new GET which will
not work. See the test case provided in comment #3 of the bug report.

Could we check what the error message and not disconnect io-slave so we won't
lose our data ? Would that even work ?

--
Regards,
Dawit A.