kdebase/kcontrol/knotify/sounds

Scott Wheeler wheeler at kde.org
Thu Jul 22 11:41:02 BST 2004

On Thursday 22 July 2004 12:23, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:
> Doesn't this mean we now depend on atleast aRts 1.2, which in turn means a
> dependency on glib? (Since artsplay of aRts 1.1 could only play WAV-files.)

Probably, but honestly I just don't care.  But why don't we pretend that we
just had a huge flamewar with about 300 posts (covering the necessary points
of g* sucking, C sucking, Zack being ugly, slippery slopes, etc.) and go
ahead and skip to the conclusions:

*) glib is just about everywhere
*) pretty much every distro is shipping aRts 1.2 anyway
*) anyone who really wants to perform an exercise in futility can backport
this stuff to the 1.1 branch and do a new aRts 1.1 release if it will make it
easier for them to sleep at night

-Scott