The Holy XmGrail

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Tue Jul 20 21:11:02 BST 2004

With great thanks to Chris Blizzard, I have patched nspluginviewer to
completely remove the dependency on Motif.  Patch is applied.  I would
appreciate feedback to see if this introduces any regressions.  I actually
haven't tested it myself, but I was told that it does work for flash at
least.  Can we get this into 3.3 if it passes testing?  It's hardly any code
change, really, and it removes a really annoying dependency (including one
that has caused crashes in the past).

This is the first step in implementing the new plugin spec in Konqueror, which
will finally put us on par with the other browsers in plugins if it is
completed. :-)  If anyone else is interested in participating in this (you
may have seen it announced recently), please send me a note.  I wouldn't mind
help!

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/