plans for KDE4

Sébastien Laoût 2颡stien les83plus at free.fr
Fri Jul 2 11:50:54 BST 2004

Le jeu 01/07/2004 à 15:00, Zack Rusin a écrit :
> On Thursday 01 July 2004 08:42, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > I would check out the TODO file in kdelibs.  There is quite a lot in
> > there currently even if it is kdelibs only.
>
> Those features are completely useless for users and don't mean anything
> for them.
>
> Zack

Support more XServer capabilities ?

Like transparency of windows : have a sub menu like this :
Transparency > 0%
.............. 10%
.............. 20%
.............. ...
.............. 90%

And, of course, save it with all other windows settings (KWin work).

Also, some days ago I've seen a sem-transparent window decoration.
It wasn't using XServer translucent but it could be good...

Shadows, etc...

If possible, work on the new Find system talked in kde-usability mailing
list, and why not have a G-Storable / WinFS / whatWillProposeMACOSX(dont
remember the name) to find files in seconds, and have live query
folders...

If possible, manage drag and drop better.
QT doc say that MIMEtypes list provided by the source app are sorted in
a decreasing order of interest.
So, if an app have this order :
1) text/plain
2) text/uri-list
It want KWrite drop the text/plain and not open the URL(s).
Every apps process dropping in THEIRE order of preferences.
Perhapse it's need a better API from QT...

Thats all for the moment :)

Sébastien Laoût.