changing priorities

Frerich Raabe raabe at kde.org
Thu Jan 29 14:41:56 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jan 29, 2004 at 07:34:44AM -0500, Simon Perreault wrote:
> On January 29, 2004 04:45, Matthias Kretz wrote:
> > since quite some time I've been a lousy KView maintainer. I know of a lot
> > of problems and sometimes even how to fix them. What I'm missing is time
> > and motivation to work on it.

> I've been working for some time on replacing KView's canvas part with
> something that would be
>
> 1) Faster
> 2) More accurate
> 3) Faster
> 4) Well designed
>
> I have already done that. However, I found that all of KView is in fact not
> very well designed. It tries do to too much, being a library, abstract API,
> kpart and plugin-based program at the same time.

I'd say as long as KDE has an image viewer which works at least as good as
KView, and is maintained, everything's alright. IMHO it does not make any
difference at all whether you take over kview or remove it and instead import
your own project as long as I can view images as I used to, and as long as
there is somebody who is willing to fix bugs in the program.

- Frerich