XML Desktop config files (was: Re: Tons of questions. And some patches

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Mon Jan 26 21:17:26 GMT 2004

On Monday 26 January 2004 15:02, Yves Glodt wrote:
> > On Saturday 24 January 2004 15:27, Frans Englich wrote:
> >> * AFAICT there is clear advantages of having desktop files in a XML
> >> format. Why is it not so? Speed issues?
>
> Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the "desktop file" a so called
> freedesktop.org standard...? IIRC Gnome uses the same sort of files.

Indeed, the one actually proposing the change will get a big smack on his
head. Switching is for several reasons a big no no(really not even
discussable), AFAICT.

But that doesn't hinder people taking my simple little question into looong
discussions ;-)
Not for that I mind, it is kind of relaxed listening to what the wise and
experienced people say.

Cheers,

			Frans