[RFC] bug 70936 - crash while embedding a KPart

Holger Freyther freyther at gmx.net
Tue Jan 20 19:17:49 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 20:10, Christian Loose wrote:
> The backtrace shows that Quanta crashes in KDialog::setCaption() right
> before the call to KDialog::setPlainCaption(). After some debugging I found
> out that the virtual function pointer of the dialog points to a bogus
> address and the reasons for this is that both Cervisia and Quanta have a
> class named TagDialog.
>
> After I re-named one of the classes the crash was gone.
>
> So our questions are:
So both symbols are identical and the one from quanta was known before the one
from the dlopened Cervisia plugin. So the only solution is to use clean
namespaces.

regards holgar

Holger 'zecke' Freyther
developer
Project OPIE- the Open Palmtop Integrated Environment
http://opie.handhelds.org | http://www.opie.info (german)
IRC: irc.freenode.net #opie #opie.de