README.qtcopy: -no-stl or no -no-stl?

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 13:51:20 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 10:30, Bo Thorsen wrote:

> cripple peoples Qt, when they might download Qt apps that need
> exceptions. And yes, there are examples of such apps.

Might be a stupid question, but why do you expect that Qt would do anything
with exceptions?

it is still fine to compile Qt without exceptions support. If you want
exceptions fine - use them. But don't expect that Qt makes use of them.

what do you think what will happen when exceptions cross signal/slot borders,
even when Qt is compiled with exception support? Qt does not handle any
exceptions at all, so letting them pass through Qt is probably producing very
unwanted things.

And if you don't pass the exceptions through Qt - you can compile Qt without
exceptions support. Thats why we recommend it.

Dirk