Missing compile dependencies for autogenerated header files

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Tue Jan 20 10:33:24 GMT 2004

Hi,

I've built KDE_3_2_BRANCH from scratch with icecream (about make -j 10;
works really nice) and ran into several errors (all due to missing
header files) because obviously some compile dependencies for
autogenerated header files are missing. Usually, on second try the
build worked (because then the missing header files had already been
generated by one of the make jobs). Only kdemultimedia was a real PITA.

At http://www.matha.rwth-aachen.de/~ingo/kde/kde32compilelogs/ you can
find the logs of the aborted builds.

And while I'm at it. Running 'make -f Makefile.cvs' in kde-i18n (I only
checked out the de subdir) fails:
==========
ingo at pallas:~/cvs/kde/3.2/kde-i18n> ls -F
admin@              check_makefiles*  CVS/            msgsplit.pl*
apply.cc            check_po_files*   de/             README
check_charsets*     commentmerge*     findfiles       subdirs
check_consistency*  configure.in.in   INSTALL         teamnames
check_duplicates*   COPYING           Makefile.am.in  update_xml*
check_gui_texts*    createdesktop*    Makefile.cvs

ingo at pallas:~/cvs/kde/3.2/kde-i18n> make -f Makefile.cvs
This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution

*** YOU'RE USING UNSERMAKE.
*** GOOD LUCK!! :)
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Using subdirs
*** Creating Makefile.am
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating de/configure.in
*** Creating configure.files
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
*** Creating Makefile templates
Makefile.am: ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS is not defined but used
*** Creating files in de
../Makefile.am:418: *** missing separator.  Stop.
make[2]: *** [cvs-local] Error 1
make[1]: *** [cvs] Fehler 1
make: *** [all] Fehler 2

Regards,