move klicker to kextragear

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Jan 20 10:32:11 GMT 2004

On Tuesday 20 January 2004 10:48, Russell Miller wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> klicker is a metronome program that has been living in nonbeta for a few
> months.  Yesterday I released the first stable release (1.0) and tagged it
> in CVS.  I'd like to move it to extragear, as it is now production
> quality.
>
> I handle releases on my own, so extragear seems the most appropriate
> place.
>
> Are there any objections?  Is there anything I need to do?  Or can someone
> move it to extragear and let me know when it's done?

I don't know on what grounds I possibly could object, but I have some
wonderings regarding apps and kde-extragear. If I have understood correctly,
releases for apps in kde-extragear is not synced with KDE's official
releases, the advantage of being in kde-extragear is that you got KDE's
infrastructure(translator's, mailinglists etc.).
I just don't understand why not all apps which uses KDE technologies are
allowed to live in kdeextragear. How come exactly ie. gwenview is allowed to
be in kdeextragear and not some arbitrary app from www.kde-apps.com? Are they
aiming for kde's main modules? (and why aren't they then in kdenonbeta?)

Question.. question..

Cheers,

			Frans