KDE Integration mailing-list and module

Navindra Umanee navindra at cs.mcgill.ca
Mon Jan 19 19:49:48 GMT 2004

Leo Savernik <l.savernik at aon.at> wrote:
> As you mention ease of development, I'd say KDE has an advantage
> here. Gideon, Perl-, Python-, Ruby-, Java-, ECMAScript-bindings,
> QSA, Qt Designer, Qt SQL Abstraction Layer and Widgets, Kexi,

Well even just the KDE/Qt C++ API compared to GNOME/GTK C.  Seriously.

Key GNOME developers have long realised this and they aren't sitting
around.  I think that's what Inti was and Mono is all about.  If Mono
takes off, the KDE development platform will have some serious
competition...  as for bonobo and all that: that's the past and no one
wants it IMHO.

Cheers,
Navin.