more_examples_branch: kdebindings/korundum/rubylib/examples

Alexander Kellett lypanov at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 14:52:54 GMT 2004

[thanks for the cc:]

On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 03:30:17PM +0100, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> - I was under the assumption that the branch was created after KDE_3_2_BRANCH.
> I didn't see that there were commits before that, but now looking at it,
> there were. As this was the whole reason why I even started to followup in
> the first place, I've to apologize for not researching that sooner, and
> starting something that shouldn't have been started.

ah-haa. yeah, i can definately understand your response
if you thought it was created after the branching.

> - I was totally unaware of coolo's opinion that those commits would be
> conflicting with the release schedule. Of course his directions therefore
> overrule mine.

coolo never really noted his opinion on this, but his comments on
a number of commits to kjsembed convinced me that branching was
a good ide. maybe as korundum is do_not_compile this would not have
been the case, but i felt that not forcing coolo to track my commits
would probably make his job slightly easier.

as richard pointed out. this just seems to be a strange facet of
kdebindings work, to fix the bugs you've got to write lots of new code :)

> So please ignore my previous mail on this kdebindings-branch topic.
>
> Sorry again,
> Dirk

np.

thanks for explaining your reasoning and for this email.
Alex

--
When women love us, they forgive us everything, even our crimes; when they do
not love us, they give us credit for nothing, not even our virtues.