more_examples_branch: kdebindings/korundum/rubylib/examples

Richard Dale Richard_Dale at tipitina.demon.co.uk
Mon Jan 19 12:02:31 GMT 2004

I don't know what to say here - I think Alex is actually doing some great
stuff with korundum. On the other hand, if David Faure has an opinion on some
kde issue that differs from my own, it makes sense to pay attention to what
he says.

I would much rather have a calmer Alex making commits to kdebindings, rather
than keeping somewhere 'secret' where only he can play. I think working on a
language binding is very different to working on a normal kde app. The root
cause of the problem here is that I think that kdebindings authors would
rather be able to target the kde 0.1 release after the main one - ie kde
3.2.1. To us (kdebindings authors), that is a short term target and we would
want to put as much effort as possible to completing asap.

I personally can manage to get one binding up to date for the main release,
and I concentrated on java this time. I had no time for ruby or C for
instance, but could get something useful done for the 0.1 release.

I think the difference of opinion arises because David is thinking of korundum
for 3.3, but Alex and myself are concerned with getting it off the ground for
kde 3.2.1.

-- Richard