makefile -f Makefile.cvs aborts with compile_kpilot does not appear in AM_CONDITIONAL

Adriaan de Groot adridg at sci.kun.nl
Sun Jan 18 17:11:50 GMT 2004

[Once more unto the breach!]

Mickael, I'm trying to understand - nay, figure out - what point it is you
are trying to make. You've certainly managed to make Reinhold and me angry
- but far from us to try to take away your right to free speech or commit
bit. But cut down on the posturing, ok?

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, Mickael Marchand wrote:
> that was not expressed that way yesterday. If you write a policy make it at
> least clear enough.

Is this your point? That the policy was not clear enough? We can work on
that. Do you want a whole sub-paragraph 4b on punishments for people who
break it?

> I just wanted to point out this situation so that people understands what a
> "commit policy" also implies.

Is this your point? That people have already broken the commit policy? We
can work on that. No other part of KDE has ever worked with this kind of
policy, it does take a little getting used to. What part of 4b applies? I
think Danimo owes us a drink.

> I just blame the "policy" and the way things are going on and how it can
> affect (in my opinion) development.

Is this your point? That having a policy is bad? I don't think we can work
on that. The PIM developers - you know, the guys that do the work while
others snipe from the sidelines - have committed to working on kde-pim
HEAD in a more professional manner. There's been a mistake made and fixed.
The boiling oil is almost ready, and then the matter is resolved.

Since I don't think all three of these can be your point concurrently
(perhaps pick-any-two would work, but I don't feel like thinking it
through right now), perhaps you should start a new thread "About the
kde-pim policy" to state which one(s) it is.

--
 Adriaan de Groot    adridg at cs.kun.nl     Kamer A6020     024-3652272
GPG Key Fingerprint 934E 31AA 80A7 723F 54F9  50ED 76AC EE01 FEA2 A3FE