3.2 review on osnews

Ralf Nolden nolden at kde.org
Fri Jan 16 01:10:35 GMT 2004

Hi,

this one is a good idea:

"Another feature that was present in KDE 3.1, but is worth mentioning, is that
you can change the wallpaper by dragging a picture file into the monitor in
the "Background" window. Don't flame me for this if you've known about it for
ages; I was delighted when I discovered it recently! You can also, by the
way, drag a picture file from Konqueror onto the Desktop, and KDE will prompt
you whether you want to move/copy/link it, or Set as Wallpaper! This menu
pops up only when you've enabled "Show Icons on Desktop". A better behaviour
would probably be to automatically set the picture as the wallpaper if icons
on the desktop are disabled. "

Wouldn't even require a string change :) and would be *really* an improvement
(though I hardly can notice any reason why you wouldn't want to have icons on
your desktop at all...) for a bug, because without that functionality I would
think it's a bug. It let's me drag and drop but nothing happens.

Ralf
Ralf Nolden
nolden at kde.org