[NEWPATCH] KConfigXT && $cxxsuffix
Adriaan de Groot
adridg at cs.kun.nl
Thu Jan 15 13:09:07 GMT 2004
[Man, do I feel Neil-ish for hammering on this subject like this.]
1) a user uses the default KDE build system of autotools and am_edit,
2) _and_ has $cxxsuffix set to something other than .cpp (koffice, konqueror,
kpilot all do that),
3) _and_ wants to use KConfigXT / kconfig_compiler,
he or she is screwed, because kconfig_compiler produces a .cpp file, while
am_edit builds a Makefile expecting the output to have $cxxsuffix.
The attached patch to am_edit makes kconfig_compiler respect $cxxsuffix by
moving the output file. And fixes a typo in a comment.
It is important for this patch to be in 3.2 because otherwise apps with a
"different" $cxxsuffix cannot use KConfigXT at all in 3.2. Also apps pledged
to compatibility with 3.2 (kdepim, basically) cannot use it.
Of course, there are two workarounds:
1) Announce that auto* and am_edit are officially deprecated for 3.2 and only
unsermake use is supported.
2) Announce that all KDE apps must use .cpp as $cxxsuffix and shuffle stuff
around on the CVS server.
pub 1024D/FEA2A3FE 2002-06-18 Adriaan de Groot <groot at kde.org>
If the door is ajar, can we fill it with door-jamb?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1530 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the kde-core-devel