Bling Bling KDEPIM on OSX (aka kmail)

Don Sanders sanders at trolltech.com
Tue Jan 13 04:10:03 GMT 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 03:31, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Andy Goossens wrote:
> > On Friday 09 January 2004 16:00, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> >>Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > "Entries must not have won previous awards."
> > KDE already won several awards.
>
> OK -- didn't read the rules.
>
> Would that exclude KDE, Version 3.2?

No, KDE is not excluded.

> Or is that sentence "didn't
> win previous awards" just meant for the OS X platform?

Yes it is just meant for the Mac platform.

> KDE hasn't
> won anything there yet. If you have a killer-app, having won
> lots of awards on Win or *NIX, this would be ruled out from
> being worth to give such an award. As I understand it the Trolls
> want to (rightly) encourage porting efforts.

Yes, exactly right.

KDE apps _can_ be submitted. We consider apps as not having
won previous awards if they have not done so on the Mac before.
One of the contest goals is to get more (KDE and other) Qt apps ported
to the Mac, so of course you are more than welcome to submit!

Don.