kdebase/kcontrol/screensaver

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sat Jan 10 15:01:28 GMT 2004

On Saturday 10 January 2004 15:08, Laurent Montel wrote:

> > > Here's another vote.
> >
> > OK, we have 3 votes (and 1 against). I will apply my patch in the next
> > hours unless there are some new arguments against removal.
>
> Sorry but other module from kcontrol is not adapted to 600*800
> look at kcmlirc
> And there is not help for this module.
>
> But we don't remove it.

kcmshell and kcontrol handles kcm's widget's different(there's a BR on this).
When screensaver is run with kcmshell(ie. Configure Desktop) it expands out
of the screen while KControl just puts on scrollbars. If kcmlirc was used
with kcmshell it would be just as alarming as the screensaver.
The other issue is the lack of documentation for the hided feature..

Cheers,

		Frans