kdesktop patch WAS: [Re: KDE 3.2 without Xinerama support]

Stefan Gehn sgehn at gmx.net
Sat Jan 10 09:53:07 GMT 2004

On Mittwoch Januar 07 2004 19:23, Stefan Gehn wrote:
> Btw, I still have a local change here fixing desktop icon positioning for
> my TwinView and probably other Xinerama setups as well (without the patch
> it didn't load save icon positions at all).

and here it is, I don't know why screenGeometry() was used for loading while
width() and height() were used for saving but looking at my debug output only
width() and height() make sense because screenGeometry() always reported the
size of my first display only and that's just plain wrong because I have one
huge desktop area spanning the whole two displays and not two separated
kdesktop processes (that would be the case for real dual-headed X, which
sucks anyway).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz
--
ICQ#51123152 | Moege der Pinguin mit euch sein