kdebase/kcontrol/kicker

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 19:03:40 GMT 2004

On Thursday 08 January 2004 13:19, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 08 January 2004 11:30, George Staikos wrote:
> > On Thursday 08 January 2004 13:27, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > > CVS commit by aseigo:
> > >
> > > --appearances kcm
> > >

> > >   R            kicker_config_appearance.desktop   1.49
> >
> >   This will cause compatibility problems.  External applications rely on
> > this to call kcms.
>
> for kicker's appearance configuration? i totally understand the situation
> with more generic/general kcms, but this is anything but.

  It's quite conceivable that some app will want to launch any given kcm one
day.  It's the logical way to get the user to configure something to his
tastes, including the panel.  We could as easily say class X in libkdecore is
hardly used by anyone so we can break BC on it, but we don't know what will
happen in the future or what is out there behind some corporate firewall.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/