KDE 3.2 without Xinerama support

Sashmit Bhaduri smt at inbox.lv
Thu Jan 8 01:06:13 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 16:22, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> It depends on how buggy the code is. From a client/user point of view, code
> which is too buggy to be useable is more of a waste of time than no code at
> all. You immediately know the feature is not there, and that's it. No need
> to fumble in order to discover how broken it really is.

I think this is a case where shipping without _any_ Xinerama support would
cause a lot more breakage than shipping with at least some Xinerama support.
It's practically impossible to use Window Managers that lack any Xinerama
support, while many Xinerama users have had to put up with half working
Xinerama support in the past :)

Of course, I hope someone gets time to fix any bugs associated with it. I
didn't notice any problems the last time I had a Xinerama setup; although I
can't remember if it was pre- or post-kwin_iii.