KDE 3.2 without Xinerama support

Guillaume Laurent glaurent at telegraph-road.org
Wed Jan 7 21:22:19 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 21:02, Russell Miller wrote:
> On Wed, 7 Jan 2004, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> > As dualscreen setups (and therefore xinerama) are more and more common,
> > it looks quite anti-enterprise when we release KDE 3.2 with an entirely
> > broken xinerama support.
>
> Actually, I agree, but it's a "lesser of two evils" kind of thing.  If you
> have to make a choice better to have some code to fix than none at all...

It depends on how buggy the code is. From a client/user point of view, code
which is too buggy to be useable is more of a waste of time than no code at
all. You immediately know the feature is not there, and that's it. No need to
fumble in order to discover how broken it really is.

--
						Guillaume.
						http://www.telegraph-road.org