Moving pop, imap and smtp koslaves from kdebase to kdepim

David Faure dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Wed Jan 7 12:10:35 GMT 2004

On Wednesday 07 January 2004 02:02, Dirk Mueller wrote:
> On Sunday 04 January 2004 22:20, David Faure wrote:
>
> > Excellent point. This is indeed needed.
> > It's already what is done for at least KOffice, KDevelop and Quanta, right?
>
> With other words, kdepim should not be released as part of KDE. If you want to
> be separate, then be so.

That's the idea, yes. At least for now (it's easy to release together again with e.g. 4.0).

> This mess is getting bigger and bigger. First half of kdenetwork has to be
> moved
Well good integration requires putting tightly-coupled things together,
that's common sense.

> now this, and new issues come up, as more and more dependencies of
> kmail etc will get moved into kdepim.
So? If nothing else in the kde cvs needs it, why have those slaves in kdebase?
We've been talking about moving them for a long time - just like kio_audiocd
was moved to kdemultimedia.

> When will you ask to get KHTML into kdepim because you need a bugfix in there
> for a new release?
You know this is nonsense, so why mention it? This is just exaggerating.

David Faure -- faure at kde.org, dfaure at klaralvdalens-datakonsult.se
Qt/KDE/KOffice developer