Patch for kabc resources

Tobias Koenig tokoe at kde.org
Tue Jan 6 17:45:58 GMT 2004

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 05:15:38PM +0100, Holger Freyther wrote:
> On Tuesday 06 January 2004 17:04, Tobias Koenig wrote:
Hi,

> > On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 02:57:39PM +0100, Bo Thorsen wrote:
> > Hi Bo,
> > I'd like to keep this method to have an additional abstraction layer to
> > add new config items. Cornelius?
> In what way to add? This is a virtual function right? So we want to force
> Resources to call the base class method so we can add config items there
> later? This sounds broken. In the case where we want/must to be called we
> should use other techniques.
The writeConfig() method of the base class has to be called, because
KRES::Resource writes some standard config items to the file.

Is there any nice design pattern wich covers this issue, so that the
method of the base class don't have to be called from every
implementation explicitely?

Ciao,
Tobias
--
Can a government that shoots at reporters be democratic?
Separate politics from religion and economy!