Moving pop, imap and smtp koslaves from kdebase to kdepim

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 15:32:20 GMT 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 16:11, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Sonntag 04 Januar 2004 11:06 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> > As KMail seems to be the only program really using the pop and imap
> > slaves it would be much cleaner to have them in kdepim. The same is
> > probably true for the smtp slave.
>
> You mean beside those apps not being in CVS? Like kshowmail?

There might be other apps using those slaves, but:

Installing the slaves if necessary is the task of the packagers. The
user doesn't (or at least shouldn't) have to worry about it. Even SuSE
in the meantime splits the cvs modules into smaller RPMs. So IMO this
is no valid reason for the slaves to reside in kdebase. If the slaves
are needed then the user's distribution installer will automatically
install kdepim-kioslaves or even kdepim-kio_smtp, kdepim-kio_pop3, etc.

And of course the slaves will always be backwards compatible. We just
want to have the option to improve the slaves for KDE PIM 3.3 in case
that should be necessary.

Regards,
Ingo