KFind desktop install location

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Sun Jan 4 12:20:09 GMT 2004

On Sunday 04 January 2004 13:01, Waldo Bastian wrote:

> On Sun January 04 2004 07:30, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> > Going through application I noticed that in KFind's Makefile.am (kdebase/
> > kfind) it hard coded the install location
> >
> > kfind_data_DATA = Kfind.desktop
> > kfind_datadir = $(kde_appsdir)
> >
> > rather then doing what every other application seems to do:
> >
> > xdg_apps_DATA = KFind.desktop
> >
> > Is there a special reason for this?
>
> It's a bit special because it shows up in the root menu.
>
> > Should it be changed to conform and
> > install in the same place as everyone else?
>
> Yes, it should. I will change it.
>
> However, shouldn't "Help" and "Find files" be moved to the "Actions"
> section instead? In fact there already is a "Find ->" action.

In a thread on kde-usability it was agreed it was a good idea moving Find
Files to Actions. Yes, there already is a "Find Files ->" extension but it's
not enabled by default. Enable the extension and remove the Top level Kfind?
The reason(IMHO) to move Find Files is the user percepts it as an action.
When it comes to "help", I don't know, it's a verb otoh..

Cheers,

			Frans