Moving pop, imap and smtp koslaves from kdebase to kdepim

Cornelius Schumacher schumacher at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 10:06:11 GMT 2004

When discussing the separate release of kdepim we realized that there is a
problem with the mail-related kioslaves being in kdebase. We wouldn't be able
to release updated versions of the kioslaves with kdepim.

To resolve that issue we propose to move the imap and pop kioslaves to kdepim
before the 3.2 release. We also would like to move the smtp slave to kdepim,
if there are no objections.

As KMail seems to be the only program really using the pop and imap slaves it
would be much cleaner to have them in kdepim. The same is probably true for
the smtp slave.