Regarding kpdf

Jason Keirstead jason at keirstead.org
Fri Jan 2 13:09:46 GMT 2004

On January 02, 2004 1:15 am, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> > Hold on. We release betas to discover bugs, and then those betas
> > discover
 bugs, we remove the applications?

> Well, it was moved in under the assumption that it would shape up a bit --
> so
 far it seems that the general feeling is that it's not there yet.
> This is not something that is logically connected with betas, nor is there

 some concrete rule book for such things.  If there's a general concensus
> that it shouldn't be released as is (this isn't yet clear) then we won't --
> simple as that...
>
> -Scott

I have never had a major problem with KPDF (certainly, not any more than I
have had with KGhostView, which is also really painfull at times), and I
really like the functionality it gives for PDF docs over KGhostView, aside
from the obvious speedup.

I just don't think it should be pulled because of some relatively rare bugs
(at least, seem rare from here).

Just my 0.02.

--
There's no place like 127.0.0.1