Reducing the support effort for Indic support in Qt/KDE 3.2

Shaheed srhaque at iee.org
Thu Jan 1 12:47:57 GMT 2004

Hi all,

As more and more people start to use the new Indic support, I am beginning to
understand that they will come across pages like

http://www.prothom-alo.net/newhtmlnews1/category.php?CategoryID=1&Date=2004-0
1-01

which render with a lot of errors. Some of these errors will result in the
drawing of unfilled squares because of "missing" font glyphs. (If you look at
the source in this case, it seems that the content was generated using MS
software and the "Arial Unicode MS" font - that will be true of many pages)

In these cases, it might be useful to do as Mozilla does and draw the square
with number of the QChar in it. I think that would make it easier for people
to debug font/encoding issues.

Thoughts? Shaheed