KDE 3.3 release

Kurt Pfeifle kpfeifle at danka.de
Sun Feb 29 00:49:05 GMT 2004

Brad Hards wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Feb 2004 00:15 am, Helio Chissini de Castro wrote:
>
>>Coolo, next conference is scheduled to August 21, so maybe is good we have
>>a RC or even a beta during the conference, so people will discuss problems
>>and solve it there, and make everyone else from outside pay attention on
>>the conference to see what 3.3 will bring..
>
> How firm is the conference date?

As firm as it can ever be!

        20th of August: KDE e.V. membership meeting

21st - 22nd of August: KDE Contributors' and Developer Conference
                        (development-centric topics)

23rd - 27th of August: KDE Contributors' and Developer Hackfest
                        (in parallel: a series of attractiv 1-day tutorials for
                        external visitors and IT professionals, who pay a
                        competetive price to attend and learn from world-class
                        instructors: this helps to finance the event ans
                        subsidize our overseas visitors' airfares)

28th(+ 29th?) of Aug.: KDE Users Conference
                        (KDE user, power user and administrator centric topics,
                        success stories, demos and presentations about how
                        cool KDE is)

Official announcement still to follow. Website in preparation. Call for
Papers is also coming.

> I'm currently planning on coming to Europe
> early Sep, but I've not made any bookings yet, and I'd love to come to a KDE
> conf.

You *must*, Brad! I noted you now as the first one to officially
register while registration is still not open. You're entitled to the
Early Bird Rebate.   ;-)

> Where is it to be held?

Very close to Stuttgart (in the southern part of Germany)..

Cheers,
Kurt